Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To, Jurjen Heeck (batch job)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My concern is like there are so many programs for batch job.For each and every program how do we know what type of authorizations we need to assign it to the system user??Can you pls clear my confusion..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am afraid your confusion is a common one.

In general the background users are granted fairly wide authorizations. At least create more than one account and separate them into work areas, for instance according to SAP's modules so the FICO background user cannot compare users and the BASIS background user cannot post documents.

To make sure as few people as possible can schedule jobs on any of these accounts look into the object S_BTCH_NAM.

This problem has popped up at almost every site I've been so far. I'm open to all ideas.

Jurjen

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am afraid your confusion is a common one.

In general the background users are granted fairly wide authorizations. At least create more than one account and separate them into work areas, for instance according to SAP's modules so the FICO background user cannot compare users and the BASIS background user cannot post documents.

To make sure as few people as possible can schedule jobs on any of these accounts look into the object S_BTCH_NAM.

This problem has popped up at almost every site I've been so far. I'm open to all ideas.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

John, Jurjen

as Jurjen already mentioned it is a normal problem that has only seldom been solved.

i am used to 2 different approaches.

1 give the background user SAP_ALL, although I am against this, not every customer wants to invest money to solve this.

2 give the background user wide area access (as Jurjen already mentioned) normally we would do that like this: Make a compilation of all roles in the area and test the background jobs running in foreground with the test user. BUT BE AWARE, even than it might fail after a while so you have to retest. Reason is that the success of running can sometimes depend on the data being handled. So it runs ok for a while and then all of a sudden it fails.

I have not seen any other options that were successfully implemented

0 Kudos

Appreciatate your timely help

0 Kudos

thanks much