cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please let me know in Instance Profile,which layer's (1, Application 2. Presentation3. Database) profile parameters are maintained

This question was asked in an interview.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sreekanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´m not sure what you ask here.

An ABAP system has a LOT of profile parameters (run program RSPARAM to see them all), they are maintained through RZ10.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the reply.

You are True, the profile parameters are maintained in RZ10 (RSPARAM) but my question is the parameters are related to Application / Presentation / Database Layer's parameters.

This is what exactly asked by the interviewer.

So please let me jknow if you have any idea on this.

Regards,

Sreekanth

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´m not sure if anyone can answer that question. Parameters are added/removed/changed with kernel patches/kernel releases. On top of that there may be undocumented ones, that are not listed using RSPARAM. Many groups @ SAP work on the kernel and I doubt, that there is one person that knows all the parameters and to what "layer" the belong.

There may also be parameters, that can´t be related uniquely - e. g. parameters for the internal ITS - if you need to increase them because of an issue (whatever), is this a presentation parameter (because it´s ITS) or is it related to the application (because the application has a problem with a too small sized one)?

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

answer should be at application level... but it is stored at Os and DB level.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would consider is as "presentation" level because ITS is used...

Markus