cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get RFC List and RFC parameter defintions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that there is RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH which can be used to get a list of all RFCs. Since this is a public RFC how can I get a code snippet of how to use this using the RfcCallReceive().

Also after we get the list of RFCs is there a way to get a particular RFC's list of input and output parameters?

Basically I am trying to get any generic RFC metdata and be able to call any generic RFC using the librfc32.dll interfaces. For this is there a function that can give the metadata of an RFC such that, the information given can be used to do appropriate type conversions and call the actual RFC?

Thanks,

Jayanthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Implementing generic or dynamic RFC is really complicated. That's btw the reason that's not available in .NET Connector.

For a dynamic call you need metadata (such as the parameters, there names and type) and there is no API available to get it.

You should focus instead on WebServices: For all functionality exposed as WebService (e.g. the Soap Processor, XI, NetWeaver) all Metadata you need for a dynamic call is contained in the WSDL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH a public RFC or an internal one? How about BDL_FUNCTION_INTERFACE_GET or RFC_GET_FUNCTION_INTERFACE? Should these be able to give most of the metadata.

I have the limitation that I have to use the librfc32 api. Hence I am unable to use the xi functionality. What is the best I can do with using librfc32?

Thanks.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK none of the three mentioned functions are officially supported. You might get it working somehow, but you should expect a lot of support. If you really want to use LIBRFC32 you best get the necessary metadata (e.g. by looking into DDIC), store the somewhere and just use it for the call.