cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: RFC connection host not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have configured the SLD and JCO destinations also. But when i test connection system throws the error.

<b>com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=thr3dev1 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=DEV MSSERV=sapmsDEV PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmsDEV' unknown TIME Tue Oct 11 19:03:14 2005 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 494 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsDEV' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1</b>

Pls suggest something. Can anybody provide the step check list.

Regds,

Anup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anup,

the entry sapmsDEV is missing in your "services"-file on the computer that hosts your SLD-Server/J2EE WAS. Windows locates it at %WINDIR%/system32/drivers/etc, unix usually at /etc/.

make an entry like that:

sapmsDEV 3600/tcp (in case, your Systemnumber is 00, otherwise replace the "00" with your actual systemnumber)

kind rtegards, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Please enter the correct message server host name in the SLD.

Connect to your SLD and enter the correct message server host in the technicalSystems.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anil,

Thanks for the reply.

I hv given the name of the message server. Is it the name of the J2EE server or r/3 application server??