cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHaRM, TMS, Monitoring using WILY Interoscope, Maintenance Optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am in urgent need of the configuration guide of SolMan 4.0.

as I want to implement CHaRM, TMS, Monitoring using WILY Interoscope, Maintenance Optimizer.

Also clearify the below mention doubts.

Scenario:

SAP is already implemented and Sol Man 4.0 is also installed.

We have 6 landscape of XI, BI, APO, CRM, SRM, HR, EP.

Also TMS is configured already for each and every system.

Doubts:

1. Can we do transport managment by using SolMan while we dont want to implement CHaRM.

2. Do we have to define the TMS again in the SolMan including routes and TDC or just we have to add the satellite systems with Sol Man.

3. What would be the detail steps for this.

Mail me docs at akshay.shail@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Akshay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use the IMG (SPRO) for a step-by-step approach to configure the system. All documentation inlcuding links to notes is there.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I am very new to solution manager ...so can u give some details.

Regards,

Akshay

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Logon to Solution Manager

- start transaction SPRO

- press on "SAP Reference IMG"

- open "SAP Solution Manager"

There you can read the documentation for each step and execute the step.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Out of all the requirements, you have I can answer few.

1. Maintenance Optimiser

This is some thing you can configure, this is less critical and you can start using the guide I e-mailed you.

2. ChaRM and TMS.

This is some thing you should take time and plan as I have read in online training once you have implemented CHaRM, you have to trun off local TMS workflow.

Goodluck.

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thanks a lot for ur help. But my Question about TMS is still there.

Also clearify the below mention doubts.

Scenario:

SAP is already implemented and Sol Man 4.0 is also installed.

We have 6 landscape of XI, BI, APO, CRM, SRM, HR, EP.

Also TMS is configured already for each and every system.

Doubts:

1. Can we do transport managment by using SolMan while we dont want to implement CHaRM.

2. Do we have to define the TMS again in the SolMan including routes and TDC or just we have to add the satellite systems with Sol Man.

3. What would be the detail steps for this.

Mail me docs at akshay.shail@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Akshay

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. Can we do transport managment by using SolMan while we dont want to implement CHaRM.

What do you mean with that? You want to have some kind of Central Transport Management where you see all queues?

> 2. Do we have to define the TMS again in the SolMan including routes and TDC or just we have to add the satellite systems with Sol Man.

You add the systems to the SolMan and you need to do some configurations

> 3. What would be the detail steps for this.

Please: Read the documentation at the path I gave you. Everything that needs to be done on SolMan and on the satellite systems is described there in detail. Also check httP://service.sap.com/rkt-solman for tutors how to set that up.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Markus came stright to the point for your questions.

Your first question about transports being handled locally in the landscape and configure CHarM seems to be some imaginary(Probably?), please go through all the /rkt pdfs and required sims. They are very helpful.

Best Wishes,

K

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Folks,

I appreciate the information provided by Mark and Nick.

Please clear the below.

R/3 webas 6.40 already running and TMS activities are already running. So now we have installed Sol Man 4.0.

1. After connecting satellite systems with my SolMan, is it possible to define and configure the CHARM and use the same tp routes and TDC.

2. Can we get old transport history which was running in R/3 previsously to Sol Man.

3. Can we switch back to old transport method in case Sol MAn is down

I am trying to get in to the given link of market place. If its possible to send some planning & strategy doc for the same then pls send my gmail id mentioned below

Regards,

Akshay Shail

akshay.shail@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sahil,

1.After connecting satellite systems with my SolMan, is it possible to define and configure the CHARM and use the same tp routes and TDC

the same routes are enough , but we need to do some more settings in satellite systems which can be found in SPRO img settings

3. Can we switch back to old transport method in case Sol MAN is down ?

we have a option of moving TR's from DEV to PRD using CHARM or move directly logging into satellite systems ( read the concept of status switches in help.sap.com)

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am from SAP Partener company. Do we have to pay any thing to get RKT PDFs.

I would be very thankful of u if u will forward me PDFs at akshay_shail@infosys.com

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I am from SAP Partener company. Do we have to pay any thing to get RKT PDFs.

>

> I would be very thankful of u if u will forward me PDFs at akshay_shail@infosys.com

Hi Akshay,

as a registered SAP Partner, you should have access to

[SAP Support Portal - http://www.service.sap.com/support |http://www.service.sap.com/support]

Here you find all learning material from Ramp-Up Knowledge Transfer (RKT) for SAP Solution Manager 4.0.

[Ramp-Up Knowledge Transfer - SAP Solution Manager - http://www.service.sap.com/rkt-solman|http://www.service.sap.com/rkt-solman];

The documents PDFs, SAP Tutor sessions, ... may not be distributed or forwarded to you via E-Mail.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Answers (0)