cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to merge an openActivity with the conflicting activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I checked out the activity which is already checked out by another developer.He checkedIn that activity.Now if i tried to checkIn i am getting an error as Conflict in CheckIn .I had gone through some documents regarding Merging of Activites which are conflicted.

Can anyone give me step by setp procedure for merging 2 Conflicting activites

Regards

Padma N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go to your open activity, when you explore it more you can see the file that has the check in conflict. To resolve you just have to right click --> go to the option "Resolve conflict" and then accept the right version. As soon as you do that the checkin-conflict icon will disappear and you will be able to check in your activity.

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Akshatha,

i have my own activity as A1.If i click checkIN it is giving error as CheckIN conflict.

Can u give more detail information of how to resolve the conflict and how to know the Conflicting activity

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Open the “Integration Conflict” view to display where the version conflict occurred.

2. Select “Auto Merge…” from the context menu. The list of the source code with conflicts will be displayed.

3. Select the relevant source code and choose “Merge Conflict Manually” from the context menu. The two source code versions will be displayed and will indicate the conflict line.

4. Choose “Accept changes” after resolving the conflict by merging the code lines.

Also go through the help content on 'Resolving Conflict'

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/42dfb4709914bce10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

where we have that "Integration Conflict "view .I mean is it in DTR or Development Configaration Perspective.

Can u give me step byb step procedure..

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is not visible in the Design Time Repository view, select Windows->Show View->Others->Design Time Repository->Integration Conflict.

Then follow the steps I have given in previous post.

Regards

Srinivasan T

PS : Do reward points for all helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Is it that i have to do all these steps after CheckIn means once i got the error as "Conflict error" .

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is the normal way of handling conflict resolution.

Also do read the help document I referred on Resolving conflicts.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

what all willl be displayed in IntegrationConflicts view??.For example my activity name is A1 and the activity name of another user (U1) IS A2 and we both are working on the same view .User U1 has checkIn the activity A2.So if i try to checkIn A1 it is giving Conflict error.

Here i want to merge both the actiivtes .

So If i open IntegrationConflicts view is it that activity of User U1 gets displayed

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already mentioned what will be displayed in that view and steps. Go thru,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/47/698843e0023847b01c4380f0f3f533/content.htm

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

When you have a conflict you will get a message saying you have conflict and those parts of code will be highlighted in red, you will get message to merger both changes. if you are trying to change same line of code you will get a option to discard or accept new change . I fyou need more info gimme your email id, I will email you some docs go through those docs, you will clearly understand what to do.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.