cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to archive specific asynchronous messages in error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All

I am seeking for some advice how to achieve the following.

In our case we are temporally having messages running into a known error, which we will be fixing

in a later release rollout. For now, we want to archive these asynchronous messages so that they

are not visible anymore in the ABAP monitoring (SXMB_MONI).

I have identified following ABAP Reports, but I am lacking the skill set to understand the customizing

effort:

RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES

RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES

RSXMB_ARCH_INTERFACES

The messages with the known error are towards specific receiver interfaces, but can only be cleary

identified with a note within the message processing trace. Since other error (different from the known

one) can occur, we cannot generally archive all error messages from these Interfaces. So the only

differentiation is this note within the trace. (Error category etc. is same as in case of unknown errors)

Is such a customizing of the reports mentioned above possible?

What would be the effort behind?

What skill set is required? (Can any ABAP developer create this?)

In general, is there a better setup to achieve the above?

Thanks a lot for your guidedance.

Best Regards

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

It will be a hard work to make copy of the archiving report and customize it to find the difference based on the processing trace. An experienced abap programmer and much research time to do it.

I would suggest you to search for another criteria to find the difference betwen messages you want and another ones. If it is a known problem, probably you know the cause. Maybe some information on the message is part of the cause and you can filter by this information. It will be hard working to, but with a bigger success probability.

regards.

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Waldemar,

Indeed we have been investigating in the root case, but the required change will only come into place

with the next major release, which is going into Production in more than 2 months. This is because of

the Sharred Objects involved.

I am trying to receive some more input from the Community on this...

Mathias