cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Synchronos Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario SAP>XI->EXP this is a synchronous scenario. From i client proxy SSN number will be exported to EXP system as request and as aresponse i will get some set of records from EXP system along with SSN no.

Problem is as response i will 500,000 records along with SSN number and i will have to wait for 5-10 sec. for this response.

I want to know that weather Xi can handle this huge ammount of records or Not?? being an synchronous scenario what are the time limits under which it is necessary to get the response (Because in my case i will get response in 5-10 sec so there are possibilites for the time outs also.)

Please help me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In PI7.1 the problem to deal with huge data files si resolved with using the advacned adapter engine.

But in PI 7.0 or below you need to increase the heap size as well as the capacity to handle volume of data etc.

You have to either increase the timeout values in XI or do a BPM. There is no other way to achive what you desire.

For sender SOAP based then please set syncMessageDeliveryTimeoutMsec to a desired value.

Timeouts can be tricky in synchronous cases with all the various components of XI. In your case, you've implied that the RFC receiver adapter is being used to talk to SAP and it's taking a long time for SAP to process this request and send back a response. Are you getting a '...MessageExpiredException'? If so, the parameter 'xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default' in the 'SAP XI Adapter: XI' J2EE service would be relevant (see Note 791379 for details). The 'syncMessageDeliveryTimeoutMsec' parameter of the 'SAP XI Adapter: RFC' J2EE service is only relevant if you're using the RFC sender adapter.

Other timeout settings may come into play. The XI Troubleshooting guide has some good information on this.

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700005909032005E/XI30XI70_TroubleGuide.pdf

Also, if this scenario is required to be synchronous, there's no way to split the request without using BPM as synchronous requests cannot be sent to multiple receivers.

Talk abt large files and nightmares....We have been seeing some of those lately although we are running only 300 mb file....We set the recordset per message to 1000 , though it improve the performance, it brought down the running time from month to days...:)...

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sachin,

However 500000 records is big enough to pass from XI. As your scenarion is Synchrnous it will take 5-10 secs to generate response.

Also it depends on the server performance means harware configuration of system on which XI server is installed and how many users are utilizing XI server at that time.

BR,

Alok