cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM ABAP API Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on MDM BI Integration. I am configuring MDM ABAP API on BI side. But still there is some error which is comming. I am passing all the configuration parameters correctly.

My problem is how should i trace the error.

Also if i want to pass a username for accessing MDM, where and how should i pass. I have not worked on MDM ABAP API before. I am new to ABAP.

give me step by step instruction.

Regards

Devinderpal yadav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devinderpal,

you can check the MDM ABAP API how-to samples. Those contain a lot of information how-to use the APIs, like what need's to be done for configuration, how-to read data from MDM, write data to MDM and so on. You'll find the documents (including the source code) on [SMP (MDM 5.5 SP06 - ABAP API How To Guides (ZIP File) )|http://service.sap.com/installmdm]. The sources are available in your BI system, too. Search for MDM ABAP API SAMPLES package (e.g. in transaction SE80) to have a look at the coding.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devinder,

User name is as same from which you login in to R3 system.

Just you have to create a user in mdm with same userid.

Login to your repository>Admin section>create a user with same userid in caps lock.

then try from abap apis.

Trace is something when you execute your abap api program you got the error message or sucessful message.

You can also see the server logs, or log files in mdm repository and trace the error.

rewards if found helpful.

BR,

Alok