cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic product proposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have done the configuration settings for dynamic product proposal, I raised a new Sales Oreder using VA01. But I found the dynamic product proposal didn't work.(And Edit – Display range – Product proposal active – inactive is not active).

can anyone tell me wat to do now.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I've looked a bit further and found that Item proposal and product proposal are terms that are used by SAP for the same thing. The simplest way is to create an item proposal with transaction VA51. This wil generate a proposal number which can be linked to the the customer master in the sales view. When creating the sales order, this list will then be displayed as product proposal.

Other possibilities are also available. You can have the system look at existing listings for example, but some of them will be needing LIS updates, so I am told.

Anyway, if you look hard enough on this forum you will find that many topics are available and that they will probably lead you to a solution.

Greetings,

Sjaak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hopefully, you have done all configration setting. Pl. maintain record for the document type. And for that customer assign procedure in sales tab page. It should work

Reward if useful

Thanks,

Pramod

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear pavan

You must make the following settings in Customizing for Dynamic Product Proposal

=> Define customer procedure for product proposal

=> Define document procedure for product proposal

=> Assign document procedure for product proposal to sales document types

=> Maintain table of origin for product proposal

=> Define product proposal procedure and determine access sequences

=> Maintain procedure determination (in background) for product proposal

=> Maintain procedure determination (online) for product proposal

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks laxmipathy,

I have done all the settings

I have maintained the following settings in Customizing for

Dynamic Product Proposal

=> Define customer procedure for product proposal

=> Define document procedure for product proposal

=> Assign document procedure for product proposal to sales document types

=> Maintain table of origin for product proposal

=> Define product proposal procedure and determine access sequences

=> Maintain procedure determination (in background) for product proposal

=> Maintain procedure determination (online) for product proposal

can you tell me wat else i have to configure

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear pavan

The product proposal procedure depends on the:

*Customer determination procedure*The customer procedure determines which product proposal procedure the system automatically uses when you create a sales document for a particular customer.

It is specified in the customer master record per sales area.

Document determination procedureThe document procedure determines which product proposal procedure the system automatically uses for a certain document type. The document procedure is stored as a key in the header for the sales document type.

If you use online processing, the product proposal procedure is determined according to the customer and document determination procedures.

If you use background processing, the product proposal procedure is determined according to the sales area in the customer master and the customer determination procedure. It does not use the document determination procedure because the document type is not recognized in background processing.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmipathy,

Copying and pasting SAP help texts will not be sufficient. We can al read that. I am dealing with the same problem so either post an answer that will help us (at least into the right direction) or do not post anything at all.

Greetings,

Sjaak

Edited by: S. van den Berg on Nov 25, 2009 2:56 PM