cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Chinese text in smart form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to create a smartform for Taiwan in Chinese Language.

I have copy pasted all the Chinese and English text in the script editor line by line, pressed 'BACK' and saved it.

But, all the text except first 3 lines disappeared.

I have then tried creating text modules through the transaction smartforms and tried to include the text module in my smartform (type 'M').

I could some how copy paste all the text, but the same problem persists.

I then changed the editor to 'Word Editor', through the transaction 'I18N', and tried pasting all the text.

I was successful in pasting the all the Chinese text, but now, I am unable to make any formatting changes like Bold, Underline and making the text colour 'Red'.

When I make the text 'bold' in the editor and save, the text becomes normal upon saving.

I could not apply any character format to the text, since I have all my text in a text module.

Does anyone have a solution of how to deal with texts such as Chinese, Japanese and others?

Thanks in Advance,

RAVI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best solution (at least it was for me) is to create standard texts (SO10); you can easily include them in your smartform.

To create the standard texts, you need to install the languages in Windows; then you need to go to Control Panel -> Regional and language Options -> Advanced and select the Chinese Language (and automatically a suitable Code Page). After that open SapGui, select the system you work in, click Change, Advanced, uncheck "Default Codepage" and select the Chinese language (it will automatically select a suitable codepage also).

Then you can log into the system in Chinese language, go in SO10 and create the standard texts with Copy/Paste.

In smartforms you can include these texts with the "Include Text" option as the Text type.

You can also specify a paragraph format defined in your smartstyle, and you can format the texts in Chinese.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Claudiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you want to do?

Do you want to print texts belongs to a perticular log on language?

if you have created a text module for a perticular text then use SE63 for transalation.

That will automatically handles all other formatting thing.

If it is printing correctly in English then it will also print in other languages with same fonts and alignments

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Nageswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

What you need to do for Chinese and Japanese texts or for that matter for other languages is just Language Translation. Tcode SE63.

In your driver program, store all those variables which are to be converted to other languages as text elements.

Now go to SE63 and then from menu choose Translation>ABAP Objects>Short Texts.

In the pop up window choose: ABAP Texts--> Text Elements.

Now in the screen, Enter the program name and then give the source and destination languages and press enter. In the next screen give the texts that you have in Chinese or the required texts and then save it.

Now if you run in the desired logon languages you will have the output!!

In addition just search for this thread: chineese/japaneese language in Smartfroms, where in you will find further information.

Regards,

Narendra.

Reward points if helpful !!