cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enquiry !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have got a small clarification. I am planning to install SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version in my OFFICE local machine. I need to know if i will face any kinof problems if i install. Whether any one from the admin dept wil come to know if i install in my local pc.

Points rewarded for helpfull answers.

Thanks&Regards,

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In other terms you want to hide your company that you make an unthautorised install on your office PC...

It 's kind of strange to ask help for such a query on a public forum.

Usually in companies there is an auto inventory software which checks all installed software on each PC.

So if you are not authorised to install on your PC, don't do it, you have most chances to be caught.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Its kind of strange to ask this question. But we are authorised to install j2ee engine and work on it. .But wasnt sure of abap system. My purpose is to install xi and prepare for presentation.

Rgds,

Dinesh

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

besides the legal aspect, how do you expect to install an XI on top of trial versions? This is not available as trial version, nor would it be possible to install it on top of a non double stack install (not sure if we have any hacker cracks here who could handle this, but not without very special knowledge).

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Benny,

I guess we should be able to deploy archives through SDM in trial version also. Am i right. So i tought of deploying xi throught SDM.

Rgds,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here at my office installing software is not a problem. but i would like to know if it will harm some thing in network. Please comment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I dont think it will create any problem ,go ahead.

Happy learning.

The below link would be the best source for you to start learning.

http://netweaverxi.blogspot.com

and offcourse sdn.

Satish

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

And where do you get the XI from?

If you have access to a NetWeaver package it definitely will work better to install the whole thing from there.

It's not done with SDM deployments, btw.

XI contains ABAP parts also.

Regards,

Benny