cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Dinamic Hiperlink in a table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am developing a web site with Visual Composer but I have some problems. I need to make a hyperlink in the fields of table that are getting data from RFC function.

General Contacts

-

Name telephone

-

John 9555666

Mary 565555

The functionality is for example when click in John I have to open a new window where you can see the details. Those hyperlinks have to be built dynamically.

Can anyone tell me if I can do this in VC and How to do it?

Thanks in advantage

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I tested that option before but it didn't work. Do you know if there is any option or configuration to do this?

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try the following:

Go to layout board.

Select the compose panel.

Drag a Hyperlink control onto the table.

- A new column will be created.

Right click the column, and select "Action" from the context menu.

- The define Action dialog will pop up.

Click the "+" button and select Hyperlink from the context menu

in the URL property of the action, enter the URL you want to link to. You can use dynamic expressions to create dynamic URLs, such as:

="http://www.google.de/search?q="&@City

close the define action dialog.

co to the configure panel.

in the Label property, enter the column label.

in the Text property, enter the text you want to appear in each cell. You can use dynamic expressions here as well, usually you would use the value of another field in the table. it would look like this:

=@City

That's it.

I have made a screenshot of my model: http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5813/hyperlinknk4.png

I hope this helps,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to do this in VC 7.1. You can create a hyperlink action that will open a new window, and pass fields from the table to it.

For example, if you have a button on the table's toolbar, right click it and select Action. Then add a "hyperlink" action. For this action's URL you can put a dynamic expression. I tried using two fields - TXT1 and TXT2. My expression was =@TXT1 & @TXT2. The url opened will be a concatenation of the two. Then I made a table with TXT1 always equal to http://www. and TXT2 equal to different things, like google.com and bn.com. When I clicked the button, a new window was opened with the expected site, and which site was opened depended on which row in the table was currently selected.

Is this what you are trying to do?

Eyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have tried to make this hyperlink in the table' fields not in a button.

The hyperlink will work when you click in John or Paul and these hyperlinks will be made in execution time, is that, when the table is built.

-

cc ca cfr cv ck

-

John 89846 683 6535 9

Paul 789 889 99 98

MC….

|----

Thank you for your help