cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! I have a query-

If say at the beginning of the financial year I create a Sales Order for each of my customer, and for the entire financial year, instead of creating a new Sales Order for every transaction, I keep on adding the line items to the single Sales order and subsequently create a delivery for each line item, what could be the possible advantages or disadvantages that I could have?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shamik

Advantage

1) Availability check will happen immediately. If multiple sale order exists for the same customer, you have to decide which sale order you have to execute

2) Tracking of order details is easy either in VA05 or SE16 / VBAK

3) Can avoid invoice split

Disadvantage

1) If a particular item code is repeated in many places, and any issues comes after invoicing, checking the condition records line item by line item is a cumbersome process.

2) As and when pricing conditions are changed, if partial delivery is made, you have to create a new line item in the sale order and change the pricing date to current date. You cannot change in the existing line item

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

the advantages are that

1. you only have a few sales orders to track

2. you can track the changes to the order down to the details

3. you can look at document flow to check on the statuses of the subsequent documents.

the disadvantage is that there are features that may have to be updated manually, such as:

1. availability refreshing

2. schedule line may first try to process using requested delivery date and you will end up with several lines

3. other processes dependent on dates proposed in initial sales order creation

4. Sales Info System will pick up transactions in the sales order only on the basis of the document date and not the item creation date

5. you may not have automatic differentiation of sales conditions (prices, discounts) and this also affects pricing updates

6. no specific sales order fill rate

these are just some.

regards.