cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Mini SAP using Oralce 10g Express Edition!

reetesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am fresher in SAP and I want to install Mini SAP on my home desk-top for practicing ABAP, I will be grateful if anybody send`s me links for step-by-step installation guide and another question is, it is to install Mini SAP using Oracle 10g Express Edition?

Early response would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Reetesh

Edited by: Reetesh Tiwary on Jan 31, 2008 8:59 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reetesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, I did am done with my installation.

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maxdb/sapdb is the only database supported for mini sap afaik...so the chances are small to implement oracle 10g & mini sap

GreetZ, AH

reetesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas,

Thanks for your response!

SAPDB is in-built or I will have to install it seperately, If I will have to install it seperately from where I will get either of these maxdb or sapdb?

Thanks,

Reetesh

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you talking about Linux or Windows?

AFAIK, there was an old version of Mini - SAP for windows that included SQL server (cutdown version)

For linux you have two versions, one with maxdb and another one with DB6 (licence for 30 days)

in both cases, the database is included on the DVD.

reetesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

I am talking about Windows XP Pro. SP-2.

Do you mean to say I dont have to install database separately if I am installing it on Windows?

Thanks for replying,

Reetesh

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only "mini" SAP that I had (46D+MS sql) installs everything together. It was not a "real" SAP installation ( CI here, DB three and so on ), it should have an installation document.

there was a newer release with 6.10 or 6.20 kernel but not sure if it was SAPDB or SQLPLUS.

But all SAP "demo" installation are "self contained", not much room for configuration

reetesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Right!

Thanks Fidel