cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Enabling SSO for ASP.NET"-HowTo: Could not load type ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any news about the new version of this great HowTo?

In the meantime I was able to resolve my "Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs"" Problem (see /thread/7117 [original link is broken]) by moving the Global.asax.cs in the bin folder.

Now I have got a new error:

Could not load type 'epsso.formPage'

Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="formPage.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="epsso.formPage" EnableSessionState="False" enableViewState="False"%>

After the simple solution for the first error I am pretty sure that there is something wrong with the settings of my IIS. Since I am neither a ASP.NET nor an IIS guru I do not know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated,

Holger.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I made some progress. It looks like the first error with the Global.asax.cs file happened because I didn't compile the sources.

Apparently [remember: I barely know anything about ASP.NET] if the .aspx file uses the Application Codebehind="..." settings then IIS assumes that the source code is available in a compiled form.

When I changed this setting to Application Src="..." it worked without any problems. The Global.asax got loaded (in the original folder and not in the bin folder).

This also solved the previous error. Unfortunately now the compiler complains:

CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TicketVerifierUtility' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

This TicketVerifierUtility is probably in the tickets.dll for which I have the documentation. But where is the file and how can I tell the compiler to use it?

Thanks for any help,

Holger.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Holger,

the updated version is now available at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-1/enabl... single sign-on for asp.net applications in enterprise portal 6.article

I'm not sure if you can access it because it's marked interim - please let me know.

Reiner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

thanks for your response. Unfortunately I cannot access this page:

Die angeforderte Aktion ist für diese Ressource nicht erlaubt.

Maybe you could sent this document to me at holger.bruchelt@triaton.com

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

...now I get

Die angeforderte Ressource ist nicht verfügbar.

Regards,

Holger.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now - finally - the updated article is available for public:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/enabl... single sign-on for asp.net applications in enterprise portal 6.article

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

thanks a lot! Now it is working! I had to change the settings from Codebehind to Src in WebForm1.aspx but after that everything worked just great!

Thanks again for your help,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can I use the procedure explined in this article to read a cookie set by sap workplace by an asp.net appliaton.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There was a post that it doesn't work for SAP Workplace. Don't ask me why - might be that the Cookie format has slidly changed. But of cause you can try it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I want to use the same procedure as mentioned in the link.. Could you send the the modifications that you did for the WebForm1.aspx.. I am not .net professional... Its could be really a great help for me if i can implement this SSO..

Any help could be appreciated..

thanks,

rao

darren_martin
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is no such page, what happened to it ? And does anyone know where the source is for SAP.Web.Security ? Since no one is maintaining it, it would be nice if it became "open source"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reiner,

The link i am trying to use now is throwing a 404. Can you please help me with this?

Thanks a ton,

Pramod