Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period 001/2008 is not open for account type S and G/L 799999

former_member605515
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

From 1 jan 2008 to my system is showing problem.I changed the posting period through T.code-MMPV,Plz guide me how to solve this.

Message no. F5286

Diagnosis

Period 001 of fiscal year 2008 does not exist in table T001B either in period 1 or in period 2 of a table entry with record type "0", the selected company code, the account type S and the G/L account 799999. The period is therefore not open.

System Response

Processing cannot be continued.

Procedure

Check table T001B for record type "0", the selected company code, account type S and G/L account 799999. If required, make sure that an entry is made in the table or an interval is changed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is because the posting periods of S account type are not opened for the year 2008.

You have to set the varients to 2008. it is done by the FI Consultants. But you can set the varients to 2008. The varients for the posting periods are configured in OB52.

In OB52 you have to check the Standard Account type S and change the years to 2008. after setting these variets save and do the varient assignment to company with the following process.

SPRO > IMG > FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING > FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING GLOBAL SETTINGS > DOCUMENTS > POSTING PERIODS > ASSIGN VARIENT TO COMPANY CODE.

Select Your company code and assign the Varient.

Reward if useful.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go to OB52 and open the posting period for account type S.

here you need select the correct posting variant against which you have open the period for account type S. You can see the posting variant assigned to your comp code at global settings.

in the first column it should be 2008. You may not need to change the special posting period.

regards

sadhu kishore

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use transaction code---->OB52 change the periods for account type S

Regards