cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Volume of Idocs to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a situation to send 100000 Idocs to 3rd Party system. As we do not want to send Idocs directly to XI we like to use Proxy to send. What are the advantages are here as Proxy deals directly with XI Server so do Idoc Adapter?.

If we use File Port ( IDOC-XML) as we have to mapping for the 3rd party system, is it advisable as we will be picking up with File adapter and do mapping step.(Overhead here as well ).

Is there any otherway to send large number of Idocs which involves Mapping ?.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Frankly if you want to send that many idocs in one message XI is definitely going to die. If you want to send that many idocs to 3rd party in chunks of data then I would suggest to use IDoc xml say for example 1000 for one message. Now let the file adapter pick and write the 1000 in one file and in the receiver file adapter you keep appending to the original one. Let the third party delete the file every once a day.

If the above is not possible then you can split the idocs say 1000 and send them to the third party in one file(like 1000 idocs per file) and in the output you will have 100 files.

Also one more disadvantage in sending that many no. of idocs at a time is if the communicaiton fails then it would definitely be a problem to retrigger and also to see which one is failed.

Thats only my two cents of advise.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish. Did you tried this ?. Im just curious. The whole point to avoid Adapters if possible. But If we write as XML file and pickup using File adapter will the structure will be recognized by File adapter. I'm sure have to try it out however.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a weblog on SDn which has the step by step process.

I am not able to find the same but i know and I have read the weblog which has the process.

What u need to do is u need to do the confiuration in R3,you need to configure the file XML port and u have to specify the file directory path where ur file will be stored on R3.

Once the file is generated u need to use the file adapter and give the paramerter of R3 system which will pick up the file.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Yes Ram. I did tried and I dont have any isses. The structure will be recognised by the file adapter. Only thing you have to do is to change the occurrence of idoc from 1..1 to 1..unbounded.

Please see these two weblogs:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

For changing the occurrence see this weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Definately as Satish have said, there wiil be performance issue if you deal with huge no of IDOCs.

But XI have some features that you could use for processing,

such as IDOC packaging concept.

Here in Idoc Packaging all the idocs will be converted to one IDOC and multiple segments will be added. So it will be treated as singel IDOC.

Now you could be able to process that packed IDOC to transfer to file.

this will need to verify that how much data size will be allowed for one interface.

XI/PI: sender IDOC adapter packaging

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/12/02/xipi-sender-idoc-adapter-packaging

Probably below link will also help to deal with it,

Night Mare-Processing huge files in SAP XI

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

If you used IDOC packaging, I don't think processing 10000 lines will be big deal.

Please try it out, I have tried it with somthing 2000-3000 idocs. its working smoothly.

Thanks

Swarup

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sending thru Proxy will be More efficient since It directly Hits the Integration Engine and No need to do Cache refresh or Meta data update.....

>Is there any otherway to send large number of Idocs which involves Mapping ?.

Proxy is a better option

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I send Idocs thru Proxy ?. Would you please explain if you dont mind ? or any weblogs avilable. Appreciate your reply.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OOPS !

Sorry I did not go thru the Question completely

> How can I send Idocs thru Proxy ?.

I will look into this and get back to you soon.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you