Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to secure execution of RSEC_MIGRATION so that no one in DEV/QAS/PRD can execute it. How can I do that. Please give me step by step full points will be awarded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

First try to restrict the users from executing SE38 tcode. Second restrict the program execution with those having SE38 access using S_DEVELOP object.

-Pinkle

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

First try to restrict the users from executing SE38 tcode. Second restrict the program execution with those having SE38 access using S_DEVELOP object.

-Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

For SE38, there can be two types of control - program display (code) access via S_DEVELOP and execution access via S_PROGRAM.

S_PROGRAM control works on a principle similar to S_TABU_DIS.

The field P_GROUP contains auth group values for programs which are maintained in the table TPGP.

The association between the program and the program group can be maintained using the program RSCSAUTH. (this maintains the table SREPOATH).

So to restrict a program assign it to a new authorization group and allow "execute" access for this group to only the selected users via S_PROGRAM.

Regards,

Sanju