cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA: Web Dynpro information

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can any one tell me how to develop web dynpro on abap workbench , let me know whether i can avail this on netweaver 04 sp09 basis release 640 , abap 640 or r/3 4.7 basis release- 620 , abap 620.

when i run se80 i could not see the web dynpro on my system.

- John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

SAP had promised to offer two versions of WebDynpro :

1) WebDynpro for JAVA.

2) WebDynpro for ABAP.

The webdynpro that we are currently discussing in this forum is 'WebDynpro for JAVA'. For running it, you need to have a separate WAS installation and the programming IDE to be used is NetWeaver Developer Studio. And as the name stands, it is purely based on Java and provides special support to call R/3 functions from within the Java environment.

You can read all about webdynpro from this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/21/82a9058fa8de46b1ba7522289345b2/frameset.htm

Regarding WebDynpro for ABAP, as Shubham & Bhavik have already written, it is not released yet. Once that is released, I suppose you can access that environment from within your R/3 system by entering a transaction code. I think the latest update on WebDynpro ABAP in SDN is this weblog from Thomas Jung.

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/10/02/sap-teched-2005-boston-a-look-back

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI John,

this functionality is not available in Netweaver 04 version. It will include in Netweaver 04s.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

WebDynpro for ABAP will be available with SAP NW04s release. So you have to wait till then.

Regards,

Shubham