cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPScript and DataMax I class printers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have been trying to print a barcode label using SAPScript. I exported the SAPScript-ITF file from the label designer program (Bartender) and saved it as standerd text.

I'm calling the text from my form and just using the test print from the utils menu. Nothing prints for the Datamax printer, although I am able to print using the same method for a zebra printer (using a different ITF file offcourse). Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether Data Max printer supports or not...

see the manuals..

Thanks

chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. DataMax claims that it should be supported and SAP has a device type for this type of printers (DataMax I Class).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to close this thread with the solution that worked for me. In the driver properties for the DataMax printer, you can set the printer codes to use either standerd or alternate codes.

By default it's set to standerd and when you export ITF files using standerd codes, it includes codes for <STX> , <SOH> etc in ascii code <2>. SAP interpretes those as '#' which is wrong interpretation.

Using alternate code you can avoid exporting those <STX> and <SOH> codes and thus avoid misinterpretation by SAP.

Just wanted to share my experience in case somebody run into the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

sorry for the stupid question, could you give way to printer code sets? One more should I export barcodes from bartender as ASCII format or as ITF. Got the same problem with DATAMAX, Tried to download barcodes ITF's file from bartender with no success...

Really appropriate for your help.

Gennady