Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Some questions related batch job.I need to create a batch job using sm36.I know the program name which has to be scheduled as the batch job.While entering the values in sm36 I noticed ,there is a user tab where we have to assign the system user to run the batch job..But my question is while creating the system user through su01,do we need to assign any roles to the system users(eg:RFC etc) or just create the user and assign that ID in sm36 user tab??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This user needs sufficient authorizations to complete the job.

So yes, assign roles please.

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This user needs sufficient authorizations to complete the job.

So yes, assign roles please.

0 Kudos

You can assign roles ...next you might wnat to know ..which role tro assign...thats determined by what the job wants to do !!

You can also assign profiles...

a quick question whats the tcode for creating just a profile ? or do we have one ?

0 Kudos

>

> You can also assign profiles...

Nononooooo!

Please, assign roles and let the system assign the profiles with a user compare.

Assigning profiles to users directly is outdated and nonstandard.

One day a helpful consultant will walk in and do a user compare for you and the damage will be extensive........

> a quick question whats the tcode for creating just a profile ? or do we have one ?

If you must know it is SU02 and it rightly advises you to use the profile generator.

Please forget SU02.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Hey, I need to schedule the job for user master comparison(pfcg_time_dependency).How do I know what type of roles are needed to for this program ?

0 Kudos

Yeah !! got you !

0 Kudos

This will need authorizations for user administration, like SAP_BC_USER_ADMIN

If you want/need to build a role, start with transaction PFUD. That should pull in (most of) the objects required.

If you are able to run the comparison yourself the background user will be fine with your roles...

P.S. John,

Next time please start a new thread if you have a new question. This one is already marked as answered....

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Jan 31, 2008 8:22 AM