Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis Authorization Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I have a question related to the Analysis authorization.

I created an analysis authorization ZCO_CODE using following chars.

0COMP_CODE = *

0TCAACTVT = *

0TCAIPROV = *

0TCAKYFNM = *

0TCAVALID = *

I assigned ZCO_CODE directly to the user. I want to restrict this user to a company code 1000 only. Can I change values of 0COMP_CODE directly through user maintenance or I have to create a separate analysis authorization object e.g. ZCO_CODE_1000 and restrict 0COMP_CODE there?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should define the restrictions in the analysis authorization itself; so for characteristic 0COMP_CODE, it should equal 1000. Then assign this analysis authorization to a role (like a BW data only role that contains S_RS_AUTH) or assign it directly to the user.

By assigning *, obviously you are allowing access to all. Have you looked at the documentation for analysis auths? There are some good presentations in the wiki section. (Marc Bernard)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/bi/authorizationinSAPNWBI&

Edited by: Julie Nguyen on Jan 30, 2008 10:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tridev,

if you want you can maintain the same analysis authorization ZCO_CODE so that user can have access to company code 1000 only .

goto rsecadmin>authorizations tab> maintain>type in ZC0_CODE> select change option and change

0COMP_CODE = 1000.

now the user will have authorization only to company code 1000.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rakesh.T