cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication of delta files to different clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

The syndicator memorizes which records that has been exported, I would like to export the same record to different “clients”. When I export I only want to export changed records (delta files). The problem is that when I have export to client 1 and want to export the delta file to client 2 with different mapping, the records exported to client 1 is grayed out and will not be a part of the new export. This memorization should from my opinion be client dependent. Is it?

Look forward to repose

Best regards John-Kjell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Create 2 different syndication maps with your selection criteria. You run the first map and export data, close the map. Then, open the next map and run the export.

Are you using 2 different agencies for 2 different targets?

Good luck!

Savi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

I would record the update time or Change Timestamp in my repository for best practices and more. The reasons are the following:

1) (Production) support questions that require you to view the data manager and inform your customers when a given record got changed.

2) Also on main table, you can have several change timestamps grouped for different sets of fields. These fields can be main table fields or qualified table fields. What is the advantage?

Well, syndicator cannot track field level timestamps. It does it at record level. SO, if target system 1 wants ABCD fields plus product codes and target system 2 wants EFG fields plus product codes, I would not have to syndicate a record to target system 2 if only fields ABCD are changed.

Again, my suggestions are from my personal experience and learnings

A small suggestion: Please start a new thread if it is a new question- it is helpful for other users.

Good luck

Savi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savitri,

so when you do delta syndication, the "timestamp" is saved in the syndication map file? So e.g. I do have 2 different systems taht I want to syndicate to. For both systems I want to have different mappings and different syndication times. The system automatically knows which records have been send to system1 and which have been send to system2?

If it's the case. I do not need a field in my repository which is called "Update Time" and is automatically filled.

Thx for help

Nico