Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible performance issue about DB table kmc_dbrm_contract

former_member603210
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We've just completed load tests for a large portal.

EP 6.40 SP20

During these tests, DB people have identified some contention on this particular table, which contains only three records.

The "offending" query seems rather fast and is just incrementing a counter. The reason for the contention is that we had a very large number os such queries, resulting on multiple locks, that could last up to a maximum of 1,5 seconds.

This is not related to our project developements and therefore I assume this is a portal standard.

Can you help me finding what this table is all about and if there is anything standard we can do to explain and/or prevent this slight delay?

I'm not a technology expert (just a PM), so I would appreciate a rather detailed response.

Thank you,

Luis C Leme

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is known behavior (see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/62/468698a8e611d5993600508b6b8b11/frameset.htm) when FSDB Repository is used and its option "Enable FSDB Content Tracking" is ticked.

The part of official docuementation says:

The database synchronization of content access might have a negative impact on performance. Every read or write content request to an FSDB resource waits to obtain a write lock on the lock record in the database. Therefore, the accumulated waiting time for obtaining the write lock in the database might increase and the waiting threads might consume a considerable amount of the available threads in the thread pool.

Best Regards,
Georgi

Answers (0)