cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dialog instance vs central instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a central instance (r3 640) and when install an additional dialog instance (first) in a different machine the communication between both (into sap) require logon, i.e. from CI in Tx sm51 when doble click to DI appear the logon screen.

Any ideas of what's wrong???

The services in both machines are equals and no errors appear in log.

Thanks

Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all, the problem was in hostname of Central instance host, the name are defined in upper case in original host and lower case in new server....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose Luis Agurto,

Have you tried logon groups in T-code SMLG? so basically, when you enter information in GUI, you can give the hostname of dialog and keep everything else the same.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Feel free to revert back!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,i create the logon group but nothing change also try with kernels independents, maybe are something different in any port defined in services between two servers or some parameter in profiles of CI or DI that interferes in communication, the network area of my company ensures that there is no kind of filters between servers, sounds familiar???

I can connect to a CI without problem, but when connect to DI after enter user and password appear the logon screen, again, but of CI this time.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Please check oss NOTES 662895 and 90323.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jose,

How are you logging in through GUI to the dialog instance? Are you specifying the dialog instance name or group name? What is the error you are getting (post the error message).

Thanks

BMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i logged in to dialog instance and no error appear, only the communication between both instances are always through logon screen, when modify any profile parameter require logon, when verify work process in sm51, even some times at logon to system...

I decided to reinstall everything, central, database and dialog instance.

This is for recreate other lanscape so database is a backup of other SAP system....

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean. Your question is not clear to me. If you have installed dialog first then CI, it won't work.

feel free to revert back,

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afi,

I installed first CI and database and works fine,then install the dialog instance. The DI is the first app. server installed in the "landscape", reading now i see the error, sorry.

Any task to do over other instance, independent of where am i, needs logon.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jose

Are you saying, you installed a CI and a dialog instance and want to connect to both CI / dialog (app server) instances? If so you need to have a logon group which is defined through smlg.

thanks

BMG