cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI & BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a typical scenario --> How to pull table from XI to BI via RFC communication.

To elaborate further: I have created a SAP table on XI using SE11. I need to extract this table from XI into BI. In order to do so, I have created a DataSource on BI and running InfoPackage/Process chain. The test for the DataSource connection is there and shows ok so as the preview of the data/ Table on XI.

But executing Info Package doesn?t retrieves/ gets any extraction from XI. In the monitoring log it says the job is still running. Could someone let us know if this scenario is possible or not? What might be going wrong? SM58 message is Function Module > "IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS? Text> No Service for system SAPXXX, Client XXX in Integration Directory.

I would like to avoid push data from XI to BI as there are limitation with XML.

Can someone help to resolve?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Pulling data from a table in XI is similar like pulling data from any datbase. You can use the jdbc adapter to pull data from XI or even you can write the proxy which does this job for you and sends data to XI. From XI you can follow the document which is given in the above reply.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mostly the document talks about pushing data from XI into BI/BW.

I have already seen those documents.

What I do not want is XML interface as there is limitation in volume of data. Which mean I do not want to use Web Services? Not sure if JDBC connect would be suffice the need.

What I have done have created a XI source system on BI and "Check", the connection is ok. Then created DataSource under that source system tree for XI. I have used the adapter "Access to SAP Data through service API". To stage data, I have created a info package then done transformation to data target. In the preview tab of the DataSource I am able to see the XI table but while running InfoPackage nothing is received. I wound what and when things are not set correct. If there would have any connection setting wrong then the Check must have given me some message but it is not the case. Moreover I am able to preview the table.

Thanks for your input.

R

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in BI -> TCODE sxi_monitor do you see the transformation, an error?

thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

TCODE "smi_monitor" is for monitoring Processed XML Messages. While here we are trying to process IDOC message using RFC. I do not think there is conversion done anywhere in btw.

We have log in SM58 as "IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS >Target System>Date and Time--> No service for system SAPXXX, client xxx in the Integration Directory"

R

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check this about XI limitation of XML documents, it could be useful.

otherwise, i think is better if you use a proxy to send data to BI, because it perfect to handle many data. it data it too much think about connect DB with BI, limitation wouldnt be a problem.

Thanks,

Rodrigo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do not like to use XI to interface XML format into BI system. Do you think pulling data form BI is not possible.

Thanks,

R

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How? That is what my initial questionwas. Could you elaborate if you know the answer and procedure?

Thanks a lot in advance.

R

Active Contributor
0 Kudos