cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

503 Service Unavailable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created the example J2EE application in WAS Sneak Preview Server and deployed it successfully. But when i am trying to display the JSP page in the browser its giving me the following error. The deployment was successful and the Server is also running properly.

-

503 Service Unavailable

Dispatcher running, but no server connected!

Details: No details available

-

Any reponse is grtly appreciated.

Thanks.

VP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vamsi Pola,

Probably you can't access the JSP page, because the J2EE Engine is not started completely. This is why you are receiving the message: Dispatcher running, but no server connected!

To be sure that the server node is really running or not, please open the dev_server0 trace file, that you can find in the path: /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance name>/work/, and look for the word "running". And check if this is the last status of the server node. If you see after this word "running", the words "stopping" or "stopping applications", this means that the server node is not running correctly.

In this case, try to restart the entire J2EE Engine, using JCMON or SAP MMC (if Windows). Or transaction SMICM if this is a Double-stack installation.

After you restart the J2EE Engine, please check again in the dev_server0 trace file if you can find the work "running". If this is the last status, please try to open the JSP page again.

If the error persists, please post here the dev_server0 trace file and also the std_server0.out trace file.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Rafael Toshiaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey vamshi,

Activate the service default_host/sap/bc/soap/rfc using tcode SICF and try once agian....

Thanks and regards,

Ajay Kande

Former Member
0 Kudos

EDIT: After looking at some SAP Notes and the Developer Trace in the SAP MMC I managed to find out that it's actually the VM crashing, I'm supposed to do something with the SAP Address Space Viewer, but zgain, I don't know where it is installed.

Hi,

I'm new to the community, so I hope I'm not infringing any of the forum rules. If I do, please feel free to point it out.

Anyway, I'm having the same problem with the J2EE Engine, I'm trying to start it but when I go to http://localhost:5000 I get the following page:

====================================

503 Service Unavailable

Dispatcher running but no server connected!

Details: No Details available!

====================================

My system is Netweaver 2004s SR2 Developer Workplace on Windows: MaxDB. I haven't tried Activating the service using tcode SICF because

1. I'm not sure where to use this code, my best guess is SAP GUI, which leads me to my second problem,

2. I can't find sap gui, what is the name of the exe and where do I find it? (Does it even get installed during Developer Workplace Installation?)

Thank you very much in advance, I really hope somebody can help me.

Message was edited by:

Salvador Diaz