cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - ICH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know is there any forum in which i can post my question on SAP-ICH? It is very urgent or if anyone of you have implemented the same, can you help?

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek -

what is your question on ICH?

regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Suresh,

Thanks for the reply, let me try to keep it brief & simple:

Present scenario:

Our vendor is managing the logistics, so we have only 2 confirmations coming from ICH into our R/3, i.e. order acceptance & ASN.

Future scenario:

We will now outsource all logistics activity, so we want 3 confirmations coming, 2 from our vendor i.e. order acceptance & delivery confirmation to our 3rd party logistics handler. And the 3rd confirmation (i.e. ASN) from our 3rd party logistics handler.

So how can i set up in ICH for this scenario?

I see something called as goods recepient in ICH, but not sure if i can use it for our new flow. If it can be, then can you please guide me?

Hope i was able to give explain my problem to you. Await your expert inputs.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

So graphically your new scenario would be:

V ==> 3PL --> C (your org).

Carefully observe:

Your existing vendor will become a vendor to the 3PL

3PL will be only vendor to your org.

So you will configure an ICH scenario with 3PL as the vendor. and your 3PL will have to have ICH configured where you will be defined as customer, & the vendor will be defined as vendor.

Still the difficulty would be you need to have all your master data on 3PL's ICH system to make order acceptance & delivery confirmation work.

rgds,

SB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SB,

As mentioned in your post, it is the exact scenario, but the problem is how to map it into SAP. I will face the below problems

1. I cannot place a PO on my supplier unless i have defined him as my supplier and also issue payment to him.

2. How can i do 2 GR's, i.e. once by 3PL & then the real GR in our plant.

3. In my MD04 output at the moment we can see the confirmations, so tommorow i would like to have the same feature but with the addition of knowing the stage of the PO, i.e. if the order has been Acknowledged or delivered by supplier & if it has got ASN from 3PL.

I know conceptually it is simple, but the mapping into SAP is the big problem. So if anyone has implemented this scenario, can you please advice me?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

if your Scenario is like this V ==> 3PL( V2) --> C , you can try creating V2 as a business partner in SNC and create another PO for V2 , where in the work order will only have a transport phase. So when V1 finishes with Production then the goods recipient will be V2 and there is a WO for V2 also and you will receive Goods from V2. So try creating two suppliers V1 and V2 as business partners and create two different WO. I think then you also do GR twice and by doing this way you can also see the progress of the WO wether the WO Acknowledged or delivered etc.. by using negotiation function or WO actual function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathiba,

Thanks for your reply. But i am not quite clear about your posting. You talk about creating a PO & also refer to work order, not sure how you are trying to link the 2. May i know what you mean by SNC?

It would be nice if you can use a small example to illustrate your point, so that i can understand if the same can be useful for our scenario.

Await your inputs.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathibha,

As of my knowledge Transport phase in work order gets created by default. If there is no more phase then it will ask for a phase to include.

Hi Vivek,

if the mapping is in SAP side then you can use the two step GR.

Goods movement: 303 and 305 for Plant to plant (Transfer posting)

Goods Movement: 313 and 315 for storage location to storage location (Transfer posting)

Goods movement 303 says that the goods are out of the plant. You can use this movement type in SAP side just after the second confirmation.

Goods movement 305 says goods are reached at the destination plant. You can use the movement type at the end of the ASM confirmation or the 3rd confirmation. This is the final GR.

Same way you can do with 313 and 315.

Thanks and regards,

Pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pradip,

Thanks for your suggestion, but the problem is Business does not want to define this as a plant or storage location, as it will have Audit implications.

This is what is making the scenario very tough.

Any alternative suggestions?

Vivek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed temporarily, researching for an alternative.