cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation of interactive Forms - (multilangual, international)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Is there a better way to translate a interactive form than copy it and translate it separately?

I tried to use dynamic caption, but there is no effect if I map the caption of a text element to a data connection.

(If I do the same with a button, it works perfect)

Is there another way to fill the label of a text field dynamically?

What's the best way to translate Interactive Forms (not in SAP)?

Use NWDS 2004 SP18 and Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1

Thanks

cheers dome

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dominik,

There's two case for internationalization . First is only text are different but not the layout , secodn one you have different layout depending on language .

For the secodn one, the only way is what you said ( generate the form in the correct language ) .

For the first one, what i made is to use SAPSCRIPT and SMARTFORM Text. I create a parameter in the interface where i set the language of the text i want to retrieve.

With this i have only one forms to maintain but it works for 3 language currently .

If you need more , tell me.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please elaborate how exactly did you achieve internationalization using smartforms n smartscripts?

Regards,

Hanoz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanoz,

In the interface linked with my layout i add a parameter name RECIPIENT_LANGUAGE typing SYLANGU .

Line: -

For SMARTFORM Text process as follow

In the context of the layout i define field as Text Module with thoses attributes :

- text name value 'ZTOTO' ( it's a sample name )

- text language value field RECIPIENT_LANGUAGE

- No error if text not available set to TRUE

- Copy style from Text Module set to TRUE

In the layout i put this text element in a sub-windows.

Then you have to create your smartforms text and populate it in the different language you want thru transaction SE63 for translation .

For SAPSCRIPT Text process as for SMARTFORMS text except for the field define in the context, it should be define as Include Text .

When you call your form populate the attribute RECPIENT_LANGUAGE with the value you want . If none text of your forms exist in the language you want the system process the text with the default language of the forms ( creation language ) .

If at least one text exist in the language requested all text will be process with it even if some translation are missing ( in this case you will got empty value ) .

Hope this help you.

Best regards.