cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmethods to SAP XI Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have a project where we need to migration from webmethods to SAP XI. We need to prepare migration roadmap.

The most important point in preparing will be how much of webmethod object can we reuse in XI interface development.

Has someone worked on this kind of migration project? what are the object in webmethods that can be reused in SAP XI?

Ranjeet Singh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For migrating BC to XI the sample roadmap looks like this:

1. Consider & analysed the existing processes in BC

2. create the same in BPM (sometimes change the RFC for instance - no bapi commit on XI side)

3. migrate mappings as they where designed in "flow"

4. create routing in Directory

Please find here with you the best document for it

SAP XI - webMethods Integration – Challenges and Migration Strategies

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/04/19/sap-xi--webmethods-integration-150-challenges-and-migration-strategies

A Case Study on SAP XI - webMethods Integration

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10748ef7-b2f0-2910-7cb8-c81e7f28...

Refer below discussion also

thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for your reply.

Well yesterday I got chance to work on webmehtod , and found out that we can create XSD from IS document type using inbuilt function of WM. This will help in lot as I can directly create interface using XSD instead of creating myself field by field.

So this is one way in which we can resuse the objects from WM.

My next focus is how to migrate mapping. Is there any way where we can reuse mapping ( may be with some modification) directly in SAP XI. This wont't be as easy as we have in BC where flow service is same as webmethod.

I am trying to found in which format is mapping saved in WM.

Do you have any other ideas where we can resuse WM object for XI interface development.?

Ranjeet Singh.

Edited by: Ranjeet Singh on Jan 31, 2008 10:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet Singh

It would be a good practice to confine message mappings and business logic if any, to either of the systems (wM or XI) and NOT in both i.e. one of the systems should be owning these tasks and the other system would simply let the messages pass through with minimal processing. This arrangement helps maintaining the solution in long run.

During the course of execution of the project, I have learnt that, for existing wM interfaces migrating to SAP XI adapter, it is good to leave the existing mappings and transformations in wM area. This reduces the effort and associated risk to rebuild and test these mappings in XI and (ii) strip off existing mapping services, rebuild and test the Interfaces in wM. For new interfaces, however, the mapping and business logic implementation may be taken on case-by-case basis subject to (i). Additionally the following steps are to be considered while migrating existing interfaces.

1. To migrate existing interfaces generate a XSD for the Message to be exchanged and pass it on to SAP XI to create a Data type on their end.

2. Create the necessary interfaces, routings and mappings on SAP XI server to route the message to SAP systems.

3. Create the Records in XI Adapter that refers to the webMethods Document type to be exchanged.

4. Replicate the interfaces as defined in SAP XI on webMethods XI adapter and do the necessary settings.

5. Create a Service stub for Sender or Receiver endpoint and extend it to put the logic.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Actually in our case we are not going to use webmethods once migration is done. So there will be only XI instead of both in the landscape.

Ranjeet Singh.

Answers (0)