cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing issues while configuring SCOT in solution manager,.

I need your help .

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK.

Let´s see, Praveen.

It is of importance that you understand well the arquitecture before configuring anything. If you only follow step-by-step instructions, and you don´t know why you activate this or that parameter or flag, then you will not be able to solve the future problems you will have with the connection between SAP and emails.

As a first step, read carefully the online help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/2b/d925bf4b8a11d1894c0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

You should, afterwards, check with report RSPARAM that you have correctly set some important parameters like

icm/server_port_1 PROT=SMTP,PORT=

is/SMTP/virt_host_0 :; (default value) only necessary for receiving mails

The port specified should be listening and not occupied by any other program

Then you will have to activate the SMTP Node in SCOT and point the IP Adress and port of the mail server (or to localhost and then configure the sendmail at OS level of the SAP Server).

Afterwards, in SCOT --> Communication Methods you will have to set

FAX SAPCONNECT

INT SAPCONNECT

PAG SAPCONNECT

PRT SAPCONNECT

RML SAPCONNECT

X40 SAPCONNECT

The JOBS SAPCONNECT should be running periodically. Set it in SCOT --> View --> Jobs

In mail server, you should check you accept mails from the SAP Server, otherwise the sending of mails will fail

Hope this helps.

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I refered to note 455140 only,

but i had confusion regarding the parameters :

icm/server_port_<> and is/SMTP/virt_host_<> ,

what do they mean and what does" * " stands for.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Ragu,

i dont know how to proceed with this configuration.

i saw some note and it said configuring some parameters thro RZ10 but i didnt understood the meaning of these parameters.

Please help if u have any doc or screenshots.

Regards

Praveen

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this note.

Note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP.

As I had told you earlier, if you had given details of the note that you referred and the profile parameter, you would have got an answer by now. Anyways, all the best.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No one can help you unless you elaborate your problem/requirement. Please keep this is as thumb rule, the more information you provide, the faster you will give positive response. There could be so many reasons for mail/sms not going from SCOT.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu