cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display number of working days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to return the number of calendar days in that period in a cell. I think I have to use BUCKET_WDAYS() fnction but I am unable to understand how to use it.

In the definition, I define BUCKET_WDAYS().

Also the SAP help says:

"BUCKET_WDAYS( <calendar> ; X1 ; ... ; Xn) returns the number of workdays in the periods given by the cell(s), row(s), and/or column(s) (not areas) X1 through Xn. In the attributes of the argument elements, you must specify Period data as the data source. The specification of a calendar as the first argument is optional. If you do not specify a calendar, the system reads the calendar given by the time stream in the storage buckets profile. If no time stream is defined, the system uses calendar days."

My real problem is I have calendar, ofcourse it's optional. Then what are X1 and Xn? Are they rows? I am trying to return the number of workdays in that period and why would I give more than one row here?

What does " In the attributes of the argument elements, you must specify Period data as the data source." mean?

Please let me know if I am not clear.

Thanks.

Edited by: Raj G on Jan 31, 2008 11:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj.

You are right to assume that in your case you only need to use 1 row.

When you drag your row into the macro it will default the data source to "Values". You need to change this to "Column Attributes" which holds the Period information the help refers to.

Hope this helps.

M

Answers (0)