SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different due dates for the same SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear experts,

We are facing a problem with our customer, the customer wants to have the flexibility in the system to create SC´s with 2 different characteristics, the first category are plans which work with the standard and we already have them working fine.

For the second category, they want to be able to create a "SC 1" and sell it for example to certain "Student A",

and charge him all the tuition in one payment, the problem comes when they want to sell the same "SC 1" to a "Student B", but in 3 payments with 3 different due dates or even in 5 installments to another student with 5 different due dates.

The "SC 1" has to be always the same, we cannot create (request of the client) different plans to sort this issue. Also one student can be registered for both type of plans (the standard ones and the no-standard ones)

The first plans are regular plans (semesters) but the second type can be shorter or complementary to his main SC.

Is it possible to use a BAdI during fee calculation process to create a function module which allows to select the kind of due date payment each time? and only for the type second kind of category?

or is it possible to use a BAdI which allow us to insert manually due dates before the fee calculation document is created for this second category without interfering with the first category which works fine?

Thank you

Sergio Artinano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alvaro,

I am sorry, but I don't really understand your question. It seems contradictory. On the one hand, the customer want the same Program of Study used for both options. But then, you say that one option is administered by Semesters while the other has different shorter sessions. In that case, you really need different Session Variants for each case, which means you also need different Programs of Study.

What is the basis for requiring them to be the same Program? Couldn't it just be two programs that confer the same Degree/Qualification?

I guess I don't understand the fundamental nature of this 'second option'. For example, is it just a spearate registration 'option' for the program? If so, you could model it as a Specialization.

However, based on what I gather so far, I am thinking you need two programs. Can you explain further what the two program options really are, and what they have in common with each other that makes the customer want to use a single SC object?

Michael

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alvaro,

I am sorry, but I don't really understand your question. It seems contradictory. On the one hand, the customer want the same Program of Study used for both options. But then, you say that one option is administered by Semesters while the other has different shorter sessions. In that case, you really need different Session Variants for each case, which means you also need different Programs of Study.

What is the basis for requiring them to be the same Program? Couldn't it just be two programs that confer the same Degree/Qualification?

I guess I don't understand the fundamental nature of this 'second option'. For example, is it just a spearate registration 'option' for the program? If so, you could model it as a Specialization.

However, based on what I gather so far, I am thinking you need two programs. Can you explain further what the two program options really are, and what they have in common with each other that makes the customer want to use a single SC object?

Michael

0 Kudos

Michael,

We sorted out the problem by telling the implications of being so flexible to the client and now he is going to use the standard.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio, we are working in a similar implementation in Caracas, Venezuela. ¿could we interchange our experiences?

Please write me an email or by messenger

lisbeth-gutierrez986@hotmail.com