cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sizing for an XI 3.0 production environment. The parameters we have are as follows:

< 160,000/day sales order create/changes

< 50,000/day records of master data (i.e. prices, customers, materials, etc).

We will need HTTP, IDOC, and RFC adapters with mapping and synchronous processing. The events are real-time and distributed uniformly in 18 hour/day. In the quicksizer I assumed that transactional messages are 100KB and master data messages are less than 200KB. The results from quicksizer indicate volume of almost 6000 SAPS/1200 concurrent users. This is much higher than I anticipate. I am thinking that my assumptions regarding the message size are wrong. Does anyone has ballpark figures for SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 and DEBMAS message sizes used in production?

thanks.

James Chang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

this is very easy to check in your environment:

2 ways:

a) the easiest one:

go to RWB - performence monitoring on your dev or qa XI

and choose your message

from the you can see the average message size

for one interface - this is exactly what you want

b) the longer one:

go to sxmb_moni on the dev or qa XI

open a few messages (matmas, sales orders)

and take a look at the content of the message,

view - source - save a file... and you have the message size - but this way you cannnot be sure if this is an average size... so the first method is much better

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your excellent response. As we are in the initial stage for deciding O/S and CPU, we don't have DEV or QA installed yet. I am curious about ballpark figures for the sales order BAPI message and MATMAS/DEBMAS records. Greatly appreciate if you can provide the data from your RWB if you have it.

thanks.

James