cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy from Quotation to sales order

0 Kudos

As i try to create SO in reference to Quotation , its going again for availability check which i dont want to happen .

Although in some cases we are creating direct SO without Quot reference so i need availability check to carry for SO in such case .

How can i restrict availability check if SO is copied from Quotation , i want SO to copy only confirmation done by quotation .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you say Availability Check ,I assume you are talking about R/3 side availability check.

You can switch off availability check at schedule line level. So disable Availability check for the scheduline line category CP( TAN+PD) to switch off availability if the system determines scheduline category as CP for your item in sales order.

Path is..spro-sd-basicfunctions-availabilitycheck-define procedure for each schedule line category.

You can also switch off avail. check at requirements class level.

Path is ..spro-sd-basicfunctions-availabilitycheck-define procedure for requirements class.

the system determines if availability check is to done or not by reading requirements class from strategy group in material master. if its not given there it reads the same from assignment with item category and MRPtype" determination of req type from transaction'. even if it doesnt find anything there it determines the requirements class from material type and item category group. Depending on this backgroung you chose your best way to do set up your scenario. I suggest you to not to give any strategy group in your materials for which you want to disable avail. check in sales order and let the system pick up the requirements class by auto determination from the item category and schedule line category. since you disabled avail. check for the schedule line, it will not do avail. check.

But my suggestion is it is always advisable to do Availability check again at sales order as availability situation might change during this time since creation of quotation.

Regards

Mohan Chunchu

Edited by: Mohan V R Chunchu on Jan 31, 2008 1:10 PM

0 Kudos

Many thanks for your reply but my concern is different .

I know how to restrict availability chek .

Our scenario is :-

If SO is created in reference to quotation for A rank customer then availability check Should not happen .

Although If SO is created in reference to quotation for B/C rank customer then availability check Should happen .

Or if i create Direct SO without reference to Quotation then availability check shd be carried out .

Can u tell in such how can i restrict availability check ?