cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Configurable Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the use of "selection condition" & "procedure" in Dependacy(transaction-CU01) of variant configurable material.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend. here is something from the Performance Editor...

1. Dependency type - selection condition

This dependency is a selection condition.

A selection condition describes when a component (characteristic, characteristic value, BOM item, operation, and so on) has to be copied to the configuration.

Example:

If a BOM item is linked to a selection condition, and this condition is fulfilled, the BOM item must be included in the BOM explosion.

If a characteristic is linked to a selection condition, and this condition is fulfilled, you must assign a value to the characteristic in configuration.

A selection condition is used to ensure that the configuration is complete.

2. Dependency Type - Procedure

You can use a procedure to infer values for characteristics, as you can actions.

However, unlike actions, the result of procedures is dependent on the sequence in which they are processed. In procedures, you can use language elements that are not allowed in actions. Procedures always refer to the object $SELF.

Select this indicator if you want to create a local procedure.

**you can use selection conditions for your characteristic values. you can use procedures for your variant pricing**

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain differance between ACTION and PROCEDURE with example ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Procedures:

Procedures can overwrite default values that are set by other procedures.

Procedures can set default values for a characteristic, which can be overwritten by the user.

If several procedures are assigned to an object, you can define a processing sequence (see Processing Sequence of Procedures).

Action:

Actions are an old dependency type. You can almost always use procedures to do the same thing.

Actions cannot overwrite values that are set by other actions.

The user cannot overwrite values that are set by an action.

You cannot influence the sequence in which actions are processed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i have made one configurable material using variant class (300) it working as it works perfectly.

In that material i have used precondition and action.

Now i made new material with reference to the my previous material and in new material i have assigned same precondition and action which i have assigned to the my previous material

I don't get any action in the new material.

But i have so many base material and i want same action for each and every material.

In this case can i use PROCEDURE instead of ACTION ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

Yes, You can use procedures and infact procedures are the one which should be used. Action are no more supported and there are no new development. Do you have an example as to what exactly you are looking for ? I can send you a sample code and test data for that ..

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply,

pls send me the testcode as u replied previously.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, u are right..u can use procedure instead of action condition. moreover, it is an outdated method........

Regarding ur previous query,

Pre condition and selection condition are seems to be similar, but actually it is not!!...

Pre condition is nothing but, if u select a paricular condition (Ex: 3000 cc engine), then only the 21 gears will be displayed in the gear character. in this case. if u select 1500cc, there will not be any 21 gears will be displayed.

For selection condition

IF u select (ex: luxurious model) a particular model, then it is mandatory to enter the colour name (ex: RED). IF the user have forgotten to enter, the system will not allow him to proceed further. this is the selection condition.

Hope now it is clear. ur further queries are welcomable.

dont forget to reward points, if u feel this is useful.

Regards

kaleeswaran B

Edited by: kaleeswaran bhoopathy on Jan 30, 2008 4:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

Please send me details on exactly what you are trying to achieve. Please give me some detail on the model you want to setup. I can thn send you a smaill sample model.

Thanks

Amber

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are 4 types of dependencies:

1) selection

2) action

3)Procedure

4) precondition

1) Selection:

If a user select a particular characteristic value, then only the particular character is displayed

You can use selection conditions to ensure that all the objects relevant to a variant are selected:

•Selection conditions determine which variants require a specific component or operation

•Selection conditions determine when it is mandatory to assign a value to a characteristic

You can allocate selection conditions to the following objects:

•Characteristics

•BOM items

•Operations in task lists

•Sub-operations , seq. of operations, production resources/tools

Example: Selection – Condition for a Characteristic

Requirement: For 3000cc engine, we must have to choose any color (mandatory) i.e. RED, WHITE etc.

Procedure

1. Create a Selection Condition

2. This Selection Condition has the following source code:

M_ZEN_ENG EQ ‘3000’

3. Allocate the selection condition to characteristic M_ZEN_COL

Result

If you enter value ‘3000CC' for characteristic M_ZEN_ENG when you configure material M_CAR, you fulfill conditions:

The selection condition makes you assign a value to the characteristic.

If you do not assign a value to characteristic M_ZEN_COL, you automatically see the characteristic when you exit the configuration editor, so that you can assign a value.

You can only leave the configuration editor if you do one of the following:

Assign a value to the characteristic

Change the status of the configuration

Result: If u have not assign any value in the colour field, the system will not proceed further.

procedure:

Procedures are used to infer values for characteristic

You can assign procedures to the following objects:

The characteristic value that triggers the procedure

The characteristic that triggers the procedure

The configuration profile of the configurable object

Use

If you use a procedure to infer a value for a characteristic, you enter the variable $SELF before the characteristic.

The formula will be $self.M-zen_red = 'X'

Now pricing condition record at vk11 is maintained fro the variant X, not to the M-zen_red

Procedures can overwrite values that are set by other procedures.

Procedures are always used for pricing

I have here ecxplained the only two type of dependencies. If u need further clarifications, please post.

Hope it clears ur doubt.

Reward points if it is useful

Regards

Kaleeswaran B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for nice and quick reply...

But i still have some what confusion about PRECONDITION and SELECTION ..

According to your given example i think that both are same.

Did they ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

There is a big difference between selection condition and preconditions.

Preconditions are used to hide characteristics and characteristic values that are not allowed. They can only be asssigned to characteristic and its values.

Whereas selection conditions are used to select objects which are relevant for the production. They can be assigned to all the object except configuration profile.

You can find all the information including example under the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/92/58c409417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just one more thing that Actions are similiar to procedures however they are obselete and should not be used anymore. Procedures should be used instead.

Regards

Amber