cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance sheet account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

Could anyone explain how the balance sheet account is set to the customers in SD. I was setting up the revenue accounts in VKOA and then I wondered how to assigned the balance sheet accounts. Some details much appreciated.. thanks

Regards,

Jin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

actually, the G/L accounts are given to SD by FI. FI configures these accounts. we coordinate with FI with the following account requirements:

1. revenue

2. discounts (customer, material, customer/material, etc.)

3. surcharges (e.g. freight, pallet, etc.)

4. other sales deductions and returns

5. rebate accrual accounts

6. other settlement accounts

7. other reconciliation accounts

we assign these in VKOA. but sometimes, special situations require other assignments (such as recon accounts assignments in billing types).

we also coordinate with FI on account group assignments. for example, you may want revenues from domestic customers posted to account 100101, and international customers to 100102. we do this by defining account assignment groups which are used in VKOA.

hope this helped you.

regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jonathan,

All these are account settings for PL accounts. I'm actually looking for the location to set the balance sheet account.

Regards.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jin

May be the link would be helpful to you.

[New features in planning |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/35/b0e78587a62488e10000009b38f9b7/frameset.htm]

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi