cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with activity planned cost updation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are having issue in SAP 4.7 with Activity planned cost.

When the material is attached to internal activity, planned cost is calculated from price maintained in the purchase data view. Later I changed the price and recalculated the cost, but report still shows the old values.

Any resolution will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let us know how you resolved this issue?

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

That is how the system is designed. Network costing uses the price defaulted at the time material component is entered in the network, or changed manually by the user from time to time. Automatic updation from purchase order / purchase requisition is not envisaged.The logic behind the design is given in SAP Note:427720.

I quote below from the note:

"Symptom

You use network costing. In a network, if you create a material component procured externally, the system automatically proposes a price. You can change this price manually, however, there is no option to adjust the price via network costing (for example, to a changed standard price).

Cause and prerequisites

The problem is caused by the system design and a missing function; as customers frequently request to be able to maintain the prices manually for non-stock components and the system cannot distinguish between automatically derived and manually maintained prices, network costing must not overwrite the prices."

If the reply clarifies the issue (since there is no real solution in sight), please close the posting.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muraleedharan,

Sorry for the confusion.

In CJ20N I have attached a material of Qty: 1Nos to an activity and maintained the price (Rs.1000) for the material. Now I have calculated the cost by using Edit->Cost->Calculate Cost and looked at the report using "Edit->Cost->Plan/Actual-> Activity/Element", and the planned value is 1000, which is correct.

Later I have changed the Material Price to 2000 and calculated the cost. Again when I run the report it shows planned value as 1000 instead of 2000.

Wanted to know what could be the issue?

Regards,

Venkat

AKLone
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think u should "schedule" first and then re-calculate cost. Hope u get 200 instead of 100 this time.