Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional SAP System on a maschine

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have a EP6 sandbox installation which is hardly used anymore, so i thought i could add a fresh NWCE System on the same maschine. Its a Windows 2003 Server btw. The EP6 and its database is installed on drive D (Max DB). Now when i try to run the NWCE installer it suggests me drive D as the installation drive and does not give me the ability to change that. When i continue the installation it does also try to install the new database(instance) into the already existing database, which is also drive D.

Now my question. Isnt it possible to add a new SAP system on different drives? I would like to add the new NWCE system on e.g. E.

regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

The problem is that the saploc share is set on the D drive. Unfortunately you cannot install systems on different drives on the same server.

Possiblie alternatives for you would be to doa distributed install and put your database on a different server, or you could consider reconfiguring the drives on the server to make one virtual drive? However you would run the risk of loosing your sanbox system doing this.

Regards,

David

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

thx for the info. Guess i install the additional SAP System on drive D then.

regards,

Markus

Answers (0)