cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Value Date - CJ88 Settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would like to know how i can default the value date (for currency translation) for project settlement CJ88.

The system defaults the last date of the current period in the value date. However i would like to set the value date to document date or the creation date.

Is there any way i can default the value date either in SPRO or in some other place.

Thanks,

Chetan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

System uses the posting date as period end date of current period and this is standard.

If you wish to have a document date as the posting period, execute the settlement run (CJ88) choosing the posting date from the menu as below.

Extras>Posting Date (Mention the document date)

Regards

Sreenivas

Pls close the post if satisfied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

Thanks for the update. However, i cannot change the posting date. Let me give u a complete update on the requirement.

We have a cross currency settlement, which needs to be reversed. When the settlement was carried out the posting date was set to the last day of the period. And so was the value date for currency translation.

To take an example :

The settlement was carried out in lets say P1 of 2008 on 15JAN08, the posting and value date was set to 31JAN08., being the last day of the current period.

However, when the translation rate is picked up from TCURR it picks up the most recent rate effective. Since we have daily updation of TCURR, in the current case it would have picked up the translation rate as on 15JAN08 for a value date of 31JAN08.

Subsequently, lets say on 20JAN08 have to reverse the settlement. Then the reversal happens at a new rate because the most recent rate in TCURR for value date of 31JAN08 is the one that is updated for 20JAN08. This reversal results in currency differences.

The one observation is that, the system utilises the same value date for reversal as the one that was used at the time of settlement.

What we would like to do is default the value date to document date at the time of settlement. So that when a reversal happens, the same translation rate could be used.

Thanks in advance,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can understand the concern of currency difference but I haven't come across such scenario.

I think you also have the option of mentioning the value date apart from the posting date while doing the settlement (CJ88) menu Extras>Value date

Can't you reverse the settlement mentioning the date was required in the value date? Again I don't think you can control the value date to be defaulted with document date through config. You can better post a thread in FI forum. Not sure if I had helped you with this.

Lets wait for others view.

Regards

Sreenivas