cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see estemated time in db12.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

How can i see the estemated time and how much data get backup from the db12 transaction? the backup is in progress....

thanks

Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupathi,

If you are using the brbackup for backig up your database then in DB14 you can see the estimated time for completion of backup.

Best Wishes.

Kumar

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bhupathi,

At DB12 click in Last successfull backup -> Detail Log -> You can see at the start of the log the starting time and the ending time at the end of the log, then just calculate how long it took ; then also in the log... you'll see a line like this "BR0061I (XXX) files found for backup, total size (XXXXXXXXX) MB... thats the size of the files to be backed up.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The backup is still in process.it is not completed.my question is how can we see estemated time of that backup....

Thanks

Bhupathi

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As i mention before check the detailed log... even if its not finished you should be able to read the progress.... if you can't see it in DB12, look in DB13... In the logs you'll see the estimated time.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think there is no "estimated" backup time.

If this is your first backup and you want to estimate by yourself:

#dbmcli -d SID -u control,password backup_state

there you can see how many pages are backed up and how many are left.

Now calculate by yourself:

Regards

Manuel

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the backup is done using brtools (or brbackup in this case) you'll see the estimated time in the logs as the backup progress...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bupathi,

I dont think you can see the estimated time in DB12.

It is used to see when the backup has been taken and what was the time taken for the last backup.I think you can assume the same time that would take for the next backup.

Also using DB12 you can find the drives which will be used

during a recovery.

Reward points if helpfull.

Regards,

Vamshi.