cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The header business does not apply to item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Everytime I save my Sales order, I receive this information message V1403 "The header business does not apply to item #".

What does this mean? I hope anyone can explain this for me.

Thank you.

Rumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tony_romain
Explorer
0 Kudos

I found that I can control whether I want to see this message or not, by changing the ProdAtt. messages field V_TVAK-DIAPA, in the sales order type configuration. Hope this helps.

VOV8 is the configuration tcode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error specifically points out to the difference in business data between the Sales Order header and Item.In my understanding the reasons are as follows :

1) When the material number is entered in the sales order item level, the division is picked up from the Material Master record. However, at the header level of the sales order also we have a division which is entered mauaally or picked up from the customer master record- if there is a difference here then you can get an error.

2) Similarly the header os sales order has a delivery plant field, which will get picked up from the CMIR or customer master. When you enter the material number in the item level, a different plant data may be picked up depending on the setting in the Material Master record. The error could be because of this difference in data too.

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

Jn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales, shipping, billing data are together called Business data,

if it differs from header to item then this message will come ex:If header division is differs to item division then this mesage will comes and it depends on configuration of "check division" and" item division" in VOV8 tcode for that particular sales order type.

if it helps reward me.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rumar,

You may maintaing some header data in the sales order so the system is telling that the header data which you are maintaining that will not applicable to the iteme wise, it is common for all items.

Thanks,

Murali.