cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data transfer from SAP R3 4.6 to MDM(Unicode system).Facing data conversion between teo system:

i) How do we plan to handle multiple language issues, for those supported in R/3 & not in MDM

ii) Issues on character sets; all non-unicode characters for a specific language will be available in Unicode version of the language (to be confirmed!)

iii) Does PI have all parameters required to recognize the MDMP details of the source/target system (Business/Technical definition) and do the necessary conversion accordingly

iv) What happens if the Identified language key is not consistent with the text value that exists for eg: if English text in non-unicode system has Spanish characters within..

v) Issues that could occur if the code page and the language key of the text that comes from the non-unicode system

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neelam ,

Use "UTF-16" unicode standard instead of "UTF-8" This will Support all Internation languages

Reward Points If Helpful

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think r/3 with 4.6C is having unicode compatibily.

Unicode feature is available only from 4.7EE onwards.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

SAP R3 4.6 is non unicode system.How to solve non unicode conversion to unicode conversion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u tell me which adapters are u using

idoc can be as source and what at target?

thanks

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sender adapter -file/idoc

Receiver - File

have u ever worked on non unicode to unicode conversions and vice versa scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this thread discuss the same as ur querry

Regrds

Abhishek