cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to ESOA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I am damn new to ESOA technology. I want to know in and out of ESOA.First and foremost I want to know what makes people to chose ESOA and the background of it? can anybody help me to improve my skills in ESOA technology?

waiting for your replies

Regards,

Pavani.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavani,

Just a brief introduction.Rest you can find with forums and sdn.

SOA is service Oriented Architecture. To make/expose/define your business or requirements in terms of services so that they can be reused.

Previous architures were tightly coupled. SOA is loosely coupled.

ESOA is SAP concept with same as SOA or we can can say that derived from SOA where services have only business semantics. In short, they are indentifying services on a coarse granular level which are meaningful only for business. They have named it as Enterprise SOA.( eg create purchase order)

Technology--> though RFC,EJB etc are also part of SOA but Web services due to its great interoperatibility among different languages and platform is mainly used.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Thank you for your reply. I have a doubt that when the system becomes loosly coupled, how SAP is providing security?

and when there are more competing technologies which provides services built on SOA, how SAP is unifying its ESOA?

Regards,

Pavani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pavani,

1) Enterprise Services work on the technogy "Web Services" which inturn uses HTTP protocol communicate to service provided and consumer . SO you can provided all the basic security features like encrypting of channel(SSL-HTTPS) and basic authentication (username and password)

2) Can you please elaborate your your 2nd point

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are other ERP's like Oracle fusion which are also based on SOA. But how SAP is more advatagious than others with the introduction of ESOA? How unique ESOA( an SAP one) is, with respect to SOA ?

Regards,

Pavani

Ramneek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The question is how is SAP's offering of SOA different form other vendors.

The biggest differentiator are the Enterprise Services themeselves.

SOA is about composing or decomposing a business process from or into services. To achieve the right granularity in services is an art and not everybody can master that art. It will take a lot of business knowledge and experience to understand the various business processes and identify the right "Granularity" in these services. SAP along its partners with the 30+ years of experience across businesses and solid knowledge of business processes has developed a methodology to discover these enterprise services.

This is one of the biggest differentiating factors in the SOA game - a pool of enterprise services of the right granularity to address the fast changing business environment. No other SOA offering has this advantage and this is one advantage that cannot be copied or replicated easily.

Hope this helps,

Ramneek