cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery note/ packing list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz let me know wat is the difference between delivery note and packing slip and packing list?

Or they all r same?

Also for the output... wats the difference between PL00 and LD00?

-

Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends upon the company's general practice.

Packing list and packing slip are almost same. But in delivery note is some thing different. it a document generated during Vl01n, which contains all the line items to be delivered.

But packing slip and packing list which contains the line items only the PGI has completed. It is issued to warehouse people . (the better name is Picking slip).

LD00 - output type for delivery note contains all the line items to be delivered

PL00 - output type for packing list which contains all the items completed the PGI.

Hope it clarifies.

Reward points if it is useful.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kaleeswaran n Laxmi ...

Thanks so much... I was confused in rewarding? whom to give 10 points and whom the six.... Laxmi, This time i m giving it to Kalee as he is lil behind u in points... Dont mind.

- Take care..

Warm regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Picking:

The picking process involves taking goods from a storage location and staging the right quantity in a picking area where the goods will be prepared for shipping. This process is facilitated using a Delivery Note document. This document contains the list of materials that has to be picked in the Production Supply Area and make ready for shipping.

Where as Packing

is part of delivery- and shipment processing. hen you process a delivery, you can select delivery items for packing. As an example, you could pack delivery items in boxes, pack the boxes on pallets for delivery to the customer, and load the pallets onto a truck.

II Point:

LD00 - is the Std SAP Output type for delivery note, where in against this the std driver pgm & script for the delivery note is available

PL00 - is the Std SAP Output Type for Packing List, which gives details to be packed on cartons/Gunny bag/Pallets etc.

Hope this helps.

Reward points if it helps.

Regards,

JLN