cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Field Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to work on a scenario, where in the source field 1, 2, 3 after few manipulations are mapped to Target fields 1, 2 & 3.

Also now I have a another field in target namely 4 where I need to take the output of target fields 1, 2 & 3 and map it.

Is there anyway I can use the target fields directly into another target field without going in for the source message and redoing the operations performed in other target fields which I am using for manipulation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiyanandam,

The easier option, instead of redoing the mapping, would be that you copy the mapping you've done for fields 1,2 and 3, concatenate them and map it to field 4 of your target.

To copy the mapping, simply go and click on the mapping you've done for the source field 1 and the target field 1. Right click on the last mapping function i.e the last block before target field 1, copy it and paste the same in the mapping of target field 4. Similarly for the other fields. Finally concatenate them all and map it to target field 4.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lavita

P.S. do reward points if the information is useful.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jitendra_Jeswan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at you requirement and not knowing your source and target structures.

I would like to give you suggestion on whenever you want to target field values in some other target field, you can acheive it in the following alternate ways:

1) Use intermediate Mapping in the Interface Mapping. see below:

Use 2 MM in IM instead of one.

2) You can use UDFs to store the target values in teh Container.

3) You can use the Context objects by Dynamic configuration.

But that all depends on what exactly you want and how complext it is to acheive.

Regards

Jeet.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nithi,

Yes , you can do it. Do you want to concantenate all the values of 1 2 3 and map it to 4? The logic is to use GlobalContainer.

1- Do calculation( in udf add the output to global container)-1

2-- Do calculation(in udf append the output to the same global container)---2

3-- Do calculation(in udf append the output to the same global container)---3

UDF(Get the global container Value)----->4

Hope it helps!!

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply.

In that case will I still have the source fields 1,2 & 3 mapped to target fields 1, 2 & 3 retriving the values of output as target 1,2, 3 and 4 (with the output combination of 1, 2, 3). Am I correct.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Give a try and if doesn't help let us know.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Copying wud be a better option than going for a UDF.

Thanks

Kiran

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lavitha & Kiran,

Copying is the easiest way to do, I agree but the goal is to build the mapping efficiently.

Lets consider the below example.

1 -

Complex Calculation --1

2---Complex Calculation --2

3-Complex Calculation3

you guys are telling to do the below way am I right?

1 -

Complex Calculation

2---Complex Calculation -

> Concatenate all three to 4

3---Complex Calculation

Did u checked the complexity over ther? For producing the target node 1 XI needs to do the logic, for node 2 and 3 also it need to do the logic.

Apart from that for producing the target node 4 again u need to do all the calculations, do u guys think it's feasible.

Also, please correct me if i'm wrong!!

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

My reply was based merely on the easier and most convenient way of doing it. (Hence, I made it a point to write "the easier option would be...")

I think you are absoultely right about the complexity and efficiency.

The solution of copying the mapping is not efficient. It is just simpler. The efficient way of doing the mapping would definately be the udf.

Regards,

Lavita.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there anyway I can use the target fields directly into another target field without going in for the source message

I think no. Bcoz it will lead to inconsistant output. U may use multiple mapping where u may have an intermediate structure where the first mapping output is retreived. Then u may map it to final target structure.

Regards,

Prateek