Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

item category in sales orders are determined as follow:

Order type > Item category group > Usage > Higher level item category > Item category

we can define our own usage. but where do we assign this and how does the system know what usage is relevant for the transaction? for example, in free goods, how does it determine usage FREE?

thanks for your inputs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create a sales document, the system determines the item category for an item according to settings in the item category determination table for the sales document type, item category group, item usage, and higher level item.

In product selection, you choose the item category usage based on the outcome that you specify in the reason for substitution, either A (Order&Deliv) or B (Order only).

main item PSHP (A), PSA1(B)

sub-item PSEL (A), PSA2 (B)

To assign run VOV4

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, warwick.

thanks for your inputs, but VOV4 is self-explanatory. i was referring to the USAGE as used in VOV4, and not in product selection (or is this relevant?).

i was wondering where the usage is assigned. and how the determines that the transaction is, say FREE or TEXT or PSHP, etc.

hope you can help me further with this.

Edited by: Jonathan Yap on Jan 30, 2008 10:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

run SE11 for table TVVW and have a look at Where-Used list (Cntr-Shift-F3)

example: for DB tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, warwick.

this was helpful, but i haven't solved it yet. will let you know if i do.

regards.

p.s.

i still have a follow up question on an earlier thread. hope you can explain it to me some more. it has something to do with MC22. but i guess its more appropriate to discuss it in that particular thread.

thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jonathan

In VOV4, the "Usage" is determined from Customer Material (VD53) Info Record under "Control Data" tab.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

This is biggest confusion for most of consultants. Kindly give your elaborated view for this question.

For example, usage CHSP is for Batch item.

I hope it is not maintained in Customer-masterial info record.

From which setting usage CHSP decides that it is specifically for Batch item.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Scenario:

Particular material has to be delivered from vendor for particular customer only.

For this Scenario,

We create new ITEM USAGE(XXXX) and assign in CUSTOMER MATERIAL INFO.RECRDGO TOITEM DETAILSCONTROLITEM USAGE (XXXX)

In VOV4 ITEM CATEGORY ASSIGNMENT

ORNORMXXXX+ (HIGHEST LEVEL ITEMCATAGORY)-ITEM CATEGORY(TAS)

CREATE SALE ORDER FOR THIS CUSTOMER, Check this scenario

Reward if it is useful

Mcm