cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS in xMII 12.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can anyone tell me the need of JMS in xMII 12.0 ? Although we can configure to use the JMS services in xMII but i need to know the difference between JMS and JCO/JRA and the advantage of using JMS over others .....

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Message Services in xMII should not be confused with the JMS (Java Message Service) API.(I hope I interpreted this correctly!If yes then read on...).

The Message Services in xMII internally uses JCO API to communicate with ERP(so technically there's no difference but functionally yes--->read further).

You would be making use of these listners incase you want to download IDOCS from SAP ERP.

I am speaking from my 11.5 experience here. Now with 12.0 these have been take to the next level where in one can make use of RFCs as well as Web Services to communicate with ERP.I need to explore this more so no comments @ this point.

I guess there's some fundamental difference between JCO & JRA though . You can read about it here https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ad09cd07-0a01-0010-93a9-933... and in so many other similar links.

Hope this made sense.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam

0 Kudos

Amit,

All are Java based...

JMS = Java Messaging Service

JCo = Java Connector

JRA = Java Resource Adapter

There is a big difference between JMS and (JCo or JRA) in that it is simply an intermidiate queueing system where messages of all types can be written and received asynchronously. The JMS as two types of Queueing mechanisms which you can use called Queue and Topic.

Queue: One system will write a message in...Another system at some other time will read the message from the queue

Topic: One system will write a message in...any other systems subscribed to the Topic will recieve this message

Now, the JCo and JRA connections are for communication with the ERP/ECC system via BAPI/RFC calls. There are operational details that cause these to differ, for example JRA will allow a failed call to be retried until it succeeds (Pre-Configured in NetWeaver).

Hope this helps.

Sam