cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPinst error for EP7 install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am having problem with installing EP7. Our OS is version V5R4M5. I've applied ISERPACK8 as suggested in the installation guide and OSS notes. However, I am getting an error soon after starting SAPinst in the Windows host.

Erorr message "Error initializing SAPinst for iSeries: Error during authentication. Detailed message is: "sendTMKMessage: could not send message, no connection available" Exit status of child: 1"

I've tried to set system variable JAVA_HOME to C:\j2sdk1.4.2_06 and SAPINST_JRE_HOME to C:\j2sdk1.4.2_06\jre but it stops with the same error.

During the preparation steps to install TMKSVR from the Windows host, there was another issue while running setup for TMKSVR. There error message was "an error occurred while creating TMKSVR instance no.0 (details: 550-error occurred on command TMKSVR00/CRTTMKSVR INSTNO(0) FORCE(*YES)".

The issue seemed to be related to the setup function to transfer and extract TMKSVR.SAR iSeries. We got around that issue through manual steps listed in the TMKSVR install guide while includes transferring the TMKSVR.SAVF file and restoring some objects.

Have anyone come across such error? Looking forward to advise to overcome this issue.

Much thanks in advance.

Regards,

Wi Tanto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We've resolved this issue by copying the Master Installation DVD to iSeries again through the Navigator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i still have this termendous error with my SAP ECC6 installation.

when i'm installing the TMKSVR still get error it said "sendmessage error... bla bla.."

i've created user SAPINST at iSeries, also at my PC. Also the sysval are currently matched with the step by step documentation.

But still no luck...

how can the installation this hard?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the same problem on installing 2004SSR2 on I5 V6R1 with the TMK Server. Could you solve your problem?

I have the sapinst user on the i an on Win. I also applied iserpack8.

I alway get: "An Error occoured during installation SendTMKMEssage: could not send message, no connection available"

Any idea?

Greets

Andy Bauer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the same problem on installing 2004SSR2 on I5 V6R1 with the TMK Server. Could you solve your problem?

I have the sapinst user on the i an on Win. I also applied iserpack8.

I alway get: "An Error occoured during installation SendTMKMEssage: could not send message, no connection available"

Any idea?

Greets

Andy Bauer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Test the TCP configuration:

- Default route, default gateway (cfgtcp --> 2)

- Domain 'domain.com' (cfgtcp --> 12)

I had the same problem

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same problem too, I found an error in the spool of the job DISPATCH (sorry but is spanish)

Causa . . . . . : No se encontró el objeto DISPATCH en la biblioteca

TMKSVR00 tipo *DTAARA. No es correcto el nombre de objeto, el nombre de

biblioteca o el tipo de objeto. Si no está especificado el nombre de

biblioteca, el objeto puede estar en una biblioteca que no está contenida

la lista de bibliotecas. Recuperación . : Corrija el nombre de objeto,

nombre de biblioteca o el tipo de objeto. Si no estaba especificado el

nombre de biblioteca, especifique el nombre de biblioteca y vuelva a

intentar la petición.

ahora lo quiero en ingles

seems it can not find the object DISPATCH in TMKSVR00 type *DATAARA.

Any Idea?

Thanks in advance.

KenKuo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use CFGTCP to add the host

10. Work with TCP/IP host table entries add the AS/400 IP/host name and your PC IP/Host name

12. Change TCP/IP domain information

When you add the AS/400 host please don't use the AS/400 system default system name(like S65xxxxx)

now run the tnksvr setup.exe it will ok.

Ken761